Madame Tussauds is the ultimate place to snap selfies in NYC. This five story gallery-like museum is filled with wax figures ranging from celebrities to historical figures. The best part about this place is you’re allowed to touch and interact with the wax figures. They’re not behind a velvet rope or glass for viewing only.
Over Memorial Day weekend I brought my 4 year old and her 8 year old friend. The eight year old had a greater appreciation of the celebrities but my four year old seemed to have just as much fun. I grabbed a selfie of myself with Don Draper and posted it on facebook to make myself look important. And my four year old got her picture next to Taylor Swift. This was way cheaper than going to her concert and trust me, the kids lined up to get their photo taken with this wax doll could not have been more excited.
This attraction in Times Square is a tourist destination but it’s also a super fun playground for locals too.
- Buy your tickets in advance to skip the lines upon entry.
- Strollers are allowed in the museum.
- The museum is more than 85,000 square, wear comfortable walking shoes.
- Children younger than 4 are free with paid adult admission.
- Large bags and luggage are not permitted, although I was allowed in with a backpack.
- There is a cafe.
- Outside food and drink are not allowed.
- Expect to spend approximately two hours here.