We just came back from visiting the 6 week old newest indoor waterpark and resort in New York, called The Kartrite. And it is awesome!!!!
The Kartrite is about 90 minutes from NYC located in the Catskills. It’s owned by the Camelback Resort in the Poconos, PA – so if you’ve ever stayed there you know this company ‘gets’ hospitality and gets it royally right.
The hotel itself has a fun eclectic vibe with really great interior design. The rooms are spacious and great quality bedding, including the kids bunk beds (the mattresses were even great).
The highlight is the indoor waterpark. It’s not the largest we’ve visited but the interior design and innovative slides are simply beautiful. We loved our mid-week visit with a 7 and 8 year old. The resort was fairly empty so we didn’t have to wait in lines which the kids loved. At capacity I would be concerned it may not be big enough but The Kartrite has planned for this and is already expanding their waterpark.
In addition they offer an arcade, ropes course, bowling, bonfire w/ smores, activities throughout the day and several dining options on site.
We will definitely be going back this summer and are happy to have a new great indoor waterpark in New York!
- The indoor waterpark is being called the largest in NY…I found it quite small but most waterparks I’ve visited are in PA & NJ. I look forward to seeing the expansion plan.
- The slides were few but epic. I’ve never been on slides like these where you can see the person next to you and see through the sides. It’s an interactive splash of imagination. Really great.
- Towels are provided.
- There is no wave pool.
- There is a nice water splash area for tots.
- Temperature was great.
- The hot tub is a giant indoor/outdoor hot pool, very cool.
- You cannot bring food into the waterpark unless it was bought within the hotel.
- The pool cafe was pretty good, they had a nice range of options from pizza, chicken fingers, salads to burrito bowls.
- The staff was well trained and impressive. This resort is starting off on the right foot for sure!