We made our annual trip to Land of Make Believe and it continues to be everything we want it to be. We’ve gone with different friends each year, and each year make incredible memories we cherish :).
This sweet little theme park is located in Hope, NJ, just about an hour outside of NYC. It has a shallow waterpark perfect for young kids, great slides for 36″ and taller and a couple scary slides for the braver taller crowd. It also has a dozen or so classic carnival rides, classic fair foods (at great prices) and there never seems to be long lines! (not sure how they manage that). This is a no frills amusement park, it’s a kitschy, wholesome family owned play land and it’s just awesome.
I think the water park our favorite section, but the carnival rides take a close second. There’s a small petting zoo, a train that tours the perimeter of the property, santa claus’ summer house where you can tell him what you want, an area where you can mine for gems (additional charge) and tons of fun rides included with admission. Many parents can go on too:
- Bring towels, sunscreen, hats and change of clothes.
- Flip flops are fine for the day, you may choose to bring closed toe shoes for rides but it’s not necessary.
- They accept Discover and Cash only.
- Food is reasonable prices although you can bring your own, you just can’t bring a cooler.
- We easily spent 5 hours, this is an all day destination.
- Plenty of bathrooms and changing areas.
- Season Passes are available.
- I recommend the water area first, change into dry clothes then the rides.
- We brought a stroller to tote around out bags, towels, wet clothes and food/drinks.
- Lockers are available to rent.
For more fun things to do in NJ check out: