We’ve been to a bunch! Check them out and you decide!
- Secretly I think Camelback’s Aquatopia in the Pocono Mountains is my FAVORITE waterpark (because they have both indoor AND outdoor slides in the summer) Aquatopia is the name of their indoor waterpark. We brought my five year old daughter and her buddy and the four of us had one heck of a good time! We only stayed one night but played the whole arrival day and departure day so it really felt like a nice long weekend. We’re looking forward to their snow tubing and skiing this winter!
2. We also visited Camelbeach Waterpark, Camelback resort’s outdoor water park. It was fantastic! Their ski resort is converted into a rambling water park with tons of slides and splash pads. For our group of 5 adults and 5 kids, we all found something we loved. We also tried their Mountain Coaster which was awesome! Check out our video.
3. Land of Make Believe is just an hour from NYC. This is the land of all things fun and games! We spent half the day in the water park playing in the 2 foot pool with lots of kid slides, and also enjoyed a few of the bigger sides with my five year old. We spent the send half of the day on the carnival rides, no lines and so much fun! Best part, this is affordable! Can’t wait to go back.
4. SplashDown Beach is one sweet outdoor water park. Definitely one of the nicer ones I’ve visited with a great range of water slides and rides to try! We rode the half pipe which is the only one in NY, it was SO scary but awesome, I even did it again. We also really loved the Arctic Mammoth, a raft ride with lots of drops and vortex loops!
SplashDown Beach is owned by the same owners of Rocking Horse Ranch, so they’re no stranger to hospitality and it shows. This water resort is fantastic.
5. Sesame Place brings Sesame Street to life with epic parades, water park rides, slides, and kiddie pools and a bunch of amusement rides. This is the ideal getaway for young kids if weather is good. It’s about 90 minutes from NYC. Go before they grow!!!
6. Kalahari in the Poconos is an incredible indoor water park, great for kids of all ages. In this video you see 100,000 square feet but they just expanded! They have the nicest section I’ve ever visited for toddlers and wee ones. This place isn’t just for kids! They are only 1/2 way done in this video but it doubled in size in 2017 and we’re going next week! Stay tuned for a new video of Kalahari.
another Kalahari before the expansion:
7. If you’re looking for more than just water slides, Rocking Horse Ranch is a great getaway that has a waterpark but much more. We even brought my parents so our party went from 5 years old – 72! Everyone had a blast and we made memories for a lifetime.:
Two more of Camelback, one of Aquatopia the Mountain Coaster and one of Skiing, Tubing and Aquatopia
Tell me, which do you want to visit most?