We recently discovered a small cruise company called Trinity Cruises, located in Peekskill, NY – Just less than an hour North of NYC. This sweet little cruise takes you on a Hudson Highlands tour from the Hudson in Peekskill to West Point. Their 34 passenger boat offers sightseeing during the day as well as sunset cruises at night. They also sell beer and wine on the boat. Guests are welcome to bring food, but no alcohol.
Hours are Wednesday – Sunday
Three hour cruise is $28/adult
Kids are $18, under 2 is free. You must make a reservation.
Another option for families is their Friday and Saturday cruise at 3:00 which is only one hour. This is $12/adult, $6/child.
The cruise gave us gorgeous views along the Hudson where we saw lots of birds, eagles and they say even Bald Eagles have been spotted.
There are bathrooms on the boat as well as a portable bathroom on the grounds prior to boarding. The boat docks near the Peekskill train station so you can access this via train or car. There is also a lovely playground area and gardens with sculptures off the main parking lot.
- Must make reservations in advance.
- Bring cash for snacks.
- Pack snacks and non-alcoholic drinks.
- They provide blankets and chairs.
- No storage for strollers.
- Bring a camera.
- One hour is sufficient for most young kids.
- They are currently brewing a batch of beer on the boat which will be going to Millhouse Brewing when it’s ready – pretty cool to see this.
- The owner of the boat is absolutely lovely!