We’ve been coming to Leapin’ Lizards in Port Chester, NY for about 3 years now and our 5 year old always requests to return. When I asked how long they had been there the woman behind the counter she said 21 years! I couldn’t believe they’ve been in the business of making things fun for kids for that long and in the same location!
Leapin’ Lizards is about 25 minutes from Northern Manhattan. It’s an indoor playground filled with climbing tubes, nets, slides, rope swings and a couple ball pits, one being Giant!
Once you’re done running amuck you can settle in for some games in their arcade. You win tickets and exchange them for small prizes. They also have a snack bar if you need to refuel.
Leapin Lizards is a great place to let your kids run out their energy. Parents are free, so you only have to pay for the kids. I’ve been to bigger, grander versions of indoor playgrounds, but none with a giant ball pit like this. Plus, most of those places make the parents pay entry also so an outing easily exceeds $50. Here it’s just $13.99 plus tax. As for germs, this place is fine. It’s not spotless but it’s not gross. And we’ve been visiting for several years and never gotten sick after a visit.
Here’s a video of our visit:
- Must wear socks to play!
- Call first to confirm hours, I’ve often arrived late and they closed at 4 those days not giving us long to play.
- Bathrooms and changing table onsite.
- Birthday party packages are offering great discounts right now.
- I always visit during weekdays so it’s never been busy. I imagine a busy experience could be a little nerve racking if you have very little ones. My five year old knows where to find me so she runs around on her own.
- You and your child receive identification stickers upon entry and no one is allowed to leave with a child without showing their matching id.