I LOVE renting row boats in Central Park. It’s already my third time doing it this summer and it’s only June 3rd!
This past weekend we rented a boat with guests in town. Since only 4 people can fit in a boat, I opted to stay out and video them from around the pond. I just may have had more fun then them, it was like hide and seek. I ran all over that pond trying to catch up and find them. We ended up with a super cute video of what it’s like to rent a boat and below I have some tips.
- Boats are rented at the Loeb Boathouse
- Boats are $15 an hour. (plus $20 deposit we got back, cash only).
- You get amazing views of the city from the water, and there are lots of ducks looking for snacks!
- Only 4 people fit in a boat.
- Children under 12 have to wear a life jacket.
- There is no stroller parking.
- Bathrooms are available just outside the entrance to the boat house.
- Bring sunscreen and a hat.
- Bring a backpack w/ water and snacks, it’s easy to keep with you in the boat.
- I’ve never seen anyone flip the boat, so don’t worry, these are pretty stable.
- There aren’t many places to rent a boat in NYC, take advantage of this fun experience!