Mid-winter break is almost here and talk about what everyone is doing is a buzz at school drop off and pick up. If you’re planning a staycation my #1 pick for a NYC adventure that feels like a real getaway is the new National Geographic Encounter.
This immersive visual effects experience, called Ocean Odyssey, brings you through an undersea journey from the seas of the South Pacific all the way to the west coast of North America. Participants will feel like they are taking a real underwater dive and will come face-to-face with life-size visual effects of some of the largest and most fascinating creatures of the sea.
During this journey you will be able to walk through the experience, sharing the stunning ocean encounters with your friends and family. The journey isn’t over yet, once you “resurface” to land, you have the opportunity to learn about what you saw, track your trip, and listen to sounds of the animals you encountered along the way. As a passionate ocean lover, one of my favorite parts is that all participants can take an individual pledge to take action that makes a difference in ocean conservation – I look forward to doing this pledge with my daughter. And to top it off, a portion of the proceeds collected through ticket sales will be donated to the non-profit work the National Geographic Society does where they do critical work exploring, understanding and protecting our oceans.
- Ticket prices: $39.50 plus tax for adults, $36.50 plus tax for seniors 65+ and $32.50 plus tax for
kids 12 and under. Groups of 10 or more will receive 15% off.
- Recommended age is 3 years and older. Children two and under do not need a ticket to enter.
- National Geographic Encounter is a timed ticketed walk-through experience that lasts approximately 90 minutes.
- Strollers are not permitted, they can be checked at the coat check.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed, closed water bottles are okay.
- Best to purchase tickets in advance.