White Post Farms is a real working farm family operated since 1886. The family dedicated a large area for families to enjoy the animals and unique playgrounds they’ve designed in a lovely park-like setting. It’s also been voted #1 of things to do with kids by New York Magazine.
Their petting zoo is by far the best I’ve ever visited. We bought a bucket of feed and a bottle of milk and hit the stables to feed the baby animals, goats, cows and check out the monkeys. I didn’t expect my motherly instincts to kick in bottle feeding the baby goats by I couldn’t get my fill!
The Also have a remarkable bird area comprised of two sections with different types of birds to feed. We spent over an hour in these areas, my 5 year old daughter appears to have some bird whispering magic. She was so tender with them, summonsed them to her and fed them while gently talking to them, it was the sweetest thing to watch.
Their monkey habitats of the nicest I’ve seen with incredibly clean rooms and real baby toys for the monkeys interact with.
Also on the grounds are camels, a zebra, giraffe, pony rides, a parrot show, a miniature locomotive to ride, multiple playgrounds and alas,water slides! The farm has several oversized inflatable slides they use year-around but in the summer they turned these into water slides. My daughter climbed, slid, bounced her way into a splash again and again and again. It was adorable, and since we arrived during a weekday at opening nothing was busy.
They also have food options, we had grilled burgers and hotdogs, followed by ice cream.
This place is a must visit, move it to the top of your list!!
Check out our video of our day:
- Some of the park areas and inflatables area are not shaded so bring sunscreen, a swimsuit and plan to go barefoot in the inflatable area. Bring a towel. All parks are included in admission.
- Bucket of food and milk is a small additional charge.
- Pony rides are a small additional charge.
- Feeding the birds is a small additional charge.
- The food is good and reasonably priced.
- There is a fantastic market for produce and plants.
- Try to arrive when it opens, animals are most hungry and it’s less crowded.
- The staff was all very nice.
- Very stroller friendly.
- Plenty of clean bathrooms.
- Free parking.