We’ve been fans of Kalahari and their waterparks for years now. They just expanded their Poconos, PA property, doubling their indoor waterpark and it’s INSANE! It’s now America’s largest indoor waterpark plus it has a great outdoor section.
Ideally you stay overnight at the hotel and the waterpark is included. (They also have great restaurants on site and an incredible arcade). But you can buy day passes if the hotel isn’t at occupancy. That’s what we did, it’s pricey for a day visit but it offers a lot. It’s best for babies, toddlers and timid pre-schoolers and then anyone over 48″. My daughter, very brave and 46″ was disappointed many of the new slides had height restrictions so she couldn’t try them yet. She did absolutely love all the new play areas though, especially the outdoor children’s area which is really great.
In total the indoor section is now 220,000 sq. ft. featuring with a retractable roof. They have dozens of slides, a wave pool, flow rider, indoor/outdoor hot tub, lazy river and great little kid sections.
Here’s some tips:
- You don’t need to be a guest of the hotel, you can buy day passes, must book in advance.
- Towels are provided.
- Lockers are available to rent.
- Cabana rentals are available.
- They are strict about no food or drinks being brought into the park.
- The restaurant on site is okay for burgers, hotdog, sandwiches, etc.
- There are other, better restaurants onsite but you need to leave to waterpark to access them.
- You can leave the park and come back all day.
- Free parking onsite.
- Bring sunscreen, some area get bright, and if you go outdoors you’ll need it.
- Multiple areas for babies and preschoolers including a lazy river, best waterpark for young ones I’ve visited.
- Great for 48″ and taller, if not quite 48″ and brave you may be frustrated, there are some incredible slides 48″ and over.
- I’m hoping the price comes down. It is expensive however it is very clean, there are plenty of lifeguards and everything was working.
- We went on a Monday afternoon, it was busy but not too crowded. We never waited more than 10 minutes in any line.
- We’ll definitely be back.
Take a look at all it offers, it’s worth it, here’s a video of our day trip: